Village of Kenaston Bylaws
- Animal Control Bylaw - 4/11
- The Village of Kenaston has a dangerous dog bylaw in effect. Please contact the village office for more information on both dog and cat licenses.
- Animal-Bylaw Amendment - 1/19
- ATV Bylaw - 7/01
- Business Bylaw - 4/95
- Building Bylaw - 1/12
- Burning Bylaw - 4/93
- Code of Ethics Bylaw - 7/16
- Council Procedures Bylaw - 1/16
- Snowmobile Bylaw - 12/91
- Tax Discounts Bylaw - 6/12
- Traffic Bylaw - 4/12
- Traffic Bylaw Update - 5/12
- Nuisance Bylaw - 3/11
- Protective Services Cost Recovery Bylaw - 4/13
- Zoning Bylaw
If the bylaw shows up sideways, please your your browser to rotate it. All bylaws are viewable at Village Office.
- A reminder to all residents that the Village of Kenaston has an ATV Bylaw which requires any person operating an ATV to have auto insurance and must comply with the ATV Act and the Highway Traffic Act. These acts include the requirement of a helmet and a driver's license to operate a vehicle on public roadway. The ATV Bylaw also states that no person shall operate an ATV on private land without permission from the owner. If anyone would like more information, please contact the Village office.
The Village of Kenaston has an Animal Bylaw in place for all cats and dogs within the village to be licensed. We have introduced a new option of a lifetime license at a fee of $30.00. You can also purchase annual licenses at $8.00. Please come to the office to purchase your animal license. This bylaw also addresses animal feces on public property. Please clean up any animal feces from your animal that is not on your private property in courtesy of other community members that utilize the village property.
- The Animal Control Bylaw states licensing information, and the Amendment states the fees.
- Please also be reminded that all dogs are required to be leashed at all times.
Trees and Grass
- Please have your trees & grass trimmed on a regular basis during the summer. The Village has a nuisance bylaw for anyone who does not comply with volunteer maintenance to their yards. The bylaw is found on the website.
- Building Permits are required for any structural construction, alteration, repair, renovation, placement or reconstruction of a building larger than 100 square feet or a deck. If a building is going to be removed, demolished or removed from one location and moved to another location, a demolition or removal permit is required. If you have any concerns whether a permit is required, please contact the village office at 306-252-2211.